Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Welcome

Today the new insurance exchanges created by the 2010 Affordable Care Act (ACA) open.  I am starting this blog to document what I discovered as I navigate the system.  It is my hope that my experiences help others.

First, a bit about me.  I have worked more than 16 years in Public Health, and I am a former professor of Public Health at the University of Kentucky.  I am a diabetic and thus have a "preexisting condition".  I am currently unemployed.  So, the exchanges may offer me a more affordable option to the COBRA I am paying now.

Also, I live in Kentucky.  It is the only Southern state to operate its own health exchange.  The other Southern states have opted to let the Federal government operate their exchanges or to operate them in partnership with the Federal government.



So, let the adventure begin!  Off to look into enrollment.



No comments:

Post a Comment